News in English
Musa: Eight new cases of persons positive for COVID-19 in FBiH
Text: Muhamed Hadžibegić, FENA Photo/Harun Muminović
SARAJEVO, March 27 (FENA) - Head of the FBiH Public Health Institute's Epidemiology Service, Sanjin Musa, said at a press conference in Sarajevo today that new 65 samples were tested for coronavirus in FBiH, and COVID-19 was confirmed in eight of them.
He specified that four new cases have been registered in Konjic and one each in Mostar, Grude, Goražde and Sarajevo.
"So far, a total of 590 people have been tested in the FBiH. COVID-19 has been confirmed in 74 persons, three of whom ended in fatal outcome, one each in Bihać, Konjic and Sarajevo," said Musa.
He added that 32 cases were confirmed in the Herzegovina-Neretva Canton, 11 cases in the West Herzegovina Canton, 10 in the Sarajevo Canton, eight in the Zenica-Doboj Canton, six in the Una-Sana Canton, five in the Podrinje Canton, one each in the Posavina and Central Bosnia cantons respectively, while no positive cases have been confirmed in the Tuzla and the Canton.
Musa pointed out that more than 33,000 people have been put under medical supervision in the FBiH so far, and that number will surely increase in the coming days.
"It is evident that larger gatherings lead to an accelerated spread of coronavirus while the smaller cases are fading out," Musa emphasized.
He explained that the tests were performed according to the current definition of a suspected case involving severe respiratory symptoms, and having connections to countries with the intensified transmission or where the disease has been confirmed, as well as unclear cases of acute respiratory condition.(FENA) S.R.